Cookies are small strings that are saved locally within the user's browser to exchange information with the website.
These strings are used for various features including session analysis, storing information to improve the browsing experience or site features. The cookies that are saved while browsing can come from the site itself (owners) or be installed by tools or objects contained within the website (third-party).
The general provision of the Privacy Authority (OJ No. 126 of 3 June 2014) defines two types of cookies:
- Technical cookies - Used for the sole purpose of allowing the transmission of a communication, completing a service requested by the user or perform statistical research.
- Profiling cookies - Used to record a user's behavior and preferences expressed in order to send advertising messages in line with his profile.
Types of cookies
These are the cookies that are used by MEC on the site:
These cookies allow the correct functioning of the website and the user's browsing preferences, including the language or access to restricted areas.
Google Analytics is a free tool by Google that allows you to collect information on the use and browsing experience of users on the website.
We use this information to optimize the content and elements of the website without collecting any personal information from users whose IP address data is recorded anonymously.
|Other types of cookies||Third-party|| |
Google Maps is a service of Google Inc that allows you to incorporate a portion of the map and related information within this website.
Google Analytics cookies can be disabled through the special add-on installed in the browser or by clicking on the following link.
ShinyStat cookies can be disabled by clicking on the following link.
Browsers are usually enabled to accept cookies from websites. However, it is possible to control and disable cookies through the settings of each browser. This restriction may compromise some features of this website.
Alternatively, you can disable the receipt of cookies from specific suppliers through the tool available on the website http://www.youronlinechoices.com/
Below are the procedures for disabling cookies from the most common browsers
- Open Chrome on your computer.
- Click More then Settings at the top right.
- At the bottom click on Advanced.
- Click on Content settings in the "Privacy and security" section.
- Click on Cookies.
- From here you can:
- Activate cookies: activate the option next to "Blocked".
- Deactivate cookies: deactivate the Allow sites to save and read cookie data option.
For more information, the dedicated page is available: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416
- Click the Menu button and select Preferences.
- Select the Privacy and security panel and move to the History section.
- Under History settings: select use custom settings.
- To activate cookies, mark the item Accept cookies from websites; to deactivate them, remove the mark from the item.
- Choose how long cookies can be stored:
- Keep them until:
- their expiry: cookies will be removed when they reach the expiration date (date set by the site that sends the cookies).
- when Firefox is closed: cookies stored on your computer will be removed when Firefox is closed.
- Close the about: preferences page. Any changes made will be automatically saved.
For more information, the dedicated page is available: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Attivare%20e%20disattivare%20i%20cookie
- In Internet Explorer, select the Tools button and then Internet Options.
- Select the Privacy tab and then in Settings move the slider upwards to block all cookies or downwards to allow all cookies, then select OK.
For more information, the dedicated page is available: https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/17442/
- Open the Safari browser and locate the Preferences menu
- Select the Privacy item and set the desired preference for enabling or storing cookies.
For more information, the dedicated page is available: https://support.apple.com/it-it/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Open the Opera browser and locate the Preferences menu
- Select the Advanced item and then Cookies
- Set the desired preferences for complete blocking or partial storage of cookies.
For more information, the dedicated page is available: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/security-and-privacy/
Owner of the processing
Via Edison, 17/12 - 25050 Provaglio d’Iseo (Brescia)
Email address of the owner: firstname.lastname@example.org