The surface mount technology (SMT) is a technique used in electronics for the assembly of a printed circuit that involves the application of electronic components on its surface without the need to drill holes, as instead required in the classic THT technique. Components manufactured according to SMT specifications are called surface mounting device (SMD). The heart of MEC production is precisely the SMT department, an area in which humidity and temperature are controlled and monitored. All the latest generation machinery is installed in this area which allows the correct SMT assembly and the control of more complex products.
These are our capabilities:
- Screen printing: we use the most popular printer stencil formats such as Tetra, Zelflex and Vector Guard with the possibility of nano coat finishing to improve the dispensing of the sealing cream. Printing precision +/- 12.5 um (+/- 6α).
- SPI: Closeloop 4.0 with the previous screen printing, the goal is to automatically monitor and improve the most important printing parameters.
- Pick&Place, our machines are designed to mount the most standard components up to:
Min. chip 01005 (0,4 x 0,2mm)
Min. lead pitch 0,25mm
Min. lead width 0,1mm
Min. ball pitch 0,14mm
Min. ball diameter 0,08mm
- BGA rework station
- Static cabinets with controlled temperature and humidity
- Automatic storage with controlled humidity temperature
- Bake oven for reconditioning of components and PCBs
- Vacuum sealing machine